Tuesday, February 15, 2011

K-Day with Ms. Gorbaty's Class

Hi Everyone,

My BookMARK session is at with Ms. Gorbaty's class at Holmes Elementary. It is a class of a third and fourth grade split. One of my favorite days with K-Grams was K-Day. My classroom got chosen to come to campus and spend the day with us!

This was my first year participating in K-Day and it was an absolutely amazing experience. I had no idea how excited the kids would be to come see where we went to school. What was really special to me was how excited they were to see me and Amanda (the other BookMARK coordinator for Ms. Gorbaty's class). Granted, they're always happy to see us, but the energy that they had when we got there made a huge impression on me.

Even now, a few months after K-Day, many of the kids will still bring it up and tell us about their favorite part of it. One of the students met a football player in the cafeteria and walked right up to him with a football asking for an autograph. It was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment