Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Kindergarten Love Story

While working at Lincoln-King one day, I was lucky enough to learn about the love of a 5 year old boy for another girl in his class. (To protect their feelings I will refer to both of them as little boy and little girl).

Little Boy: I think I'm going to give this to my girlfriend.
Me: Ooh, who is your girlfriend?
Little Boy: Little girl over there...
Me: Oh really? How long has she been your girlfriend for?
Little boy: About two weeks.
Me: Oh well that is so cute! I'm sure she will love your valentine.

20 minutes later, I am working with the little boy's girlfriend.

Me: So I hear you have a boyfriend now.
Little girl: Where did you hear that?!
Me: Little boy over there told me
Little girl: Ugh, he is saying that to everyone and it isn't true!
Me: Why do you think he would say that?
Little girl: 'Cause he loves me, obviously.
Me: You don't love him too?
Little girl: No, the only person I love is my momma!

Ah, young love....

No comments:

Post a Comment